Save the date of March 21-22 for the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation’s Mine Safety & Health Law Special Institute.
The 2018 conference will be held in the U.S. Department of Labor’s auditorium at 200 Constitution Ave., Washington, D.C.
Issues to be covered will include:
- Topics in 105(c), including updates on Temporary Reinstatement, Interference Claims and more.
- Litigation roundtable addressing timely issues in FMSHRC litigation from industry and government perspectives
- Use of privileges in internal investigations, MSHA investigations, discovery and the 110 context.
- MSHA jurisdiction and the impact of the Sixth Circuit’s Maxxim Rebuild decision.
- Update on Criminal Law in the Mine Safety context
- The Mine Act and Constitutional Law: The Appointments Clause, the Sixth Amendment and more
- The latest on two of the Mine Act’s heaviest sanctions: Flagrant and POV
- ALJ Panel: Key issues and tips for practitioners from a diverse panel of Judges
Conference co-chairs are Arthur M. Wolfson, Jackson Kelly PLLC, Pittsburgh, PA and Donna Pryor, Husch Blackwell LLP, Denver, CO.
To register online or download the registration form, click here.