Winter Workshops Look at Illinois Basin Coal Development
Open for Business – As the clouds gather for the coal industry, Charles Compton, General Counsel for White Oak Resources in McLeansboro, IL discusses the “silver lining” that is the Illinois Basin, which is bucking the national trend by bringing on new production, and explores from a legal perspective the confluence of circumstances creating these opportunities for the coal industry.
Featured speakers on the energy markets are Howard Gruenpecht, Deputy Administrator, U.S. Energy Information Administration; Michael Zenker, NextEra Energy Resources; and Jerry Eyster, Senior Vice President, Energy Investment Strategy, GE Energy Financial Services.
Go to http://www.emlf.org for a full program brochure and to register online for this annual energy law update at the Lago Mar Resort in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Accredited for Continuing Legal Education. Special room rates at the Lago Mar are available through January 8 or sellout. Be sure to ask for the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation room block. The direct number for the reservations department is 954.523.6511 or 800.LAG.OMAR.
EMLF Welcomes New Members
- Meyer, Unkovic & Scott LLP, Pittsburgh, PA
- Nicholas J. Bell, Patricia L. Dodge, Ronald L. Hicks, Ryan James, Joshua R. Lorenz, Chad I. Michaelson, Andrew L. Noble, David G. Oberdick, Antoinette C. Oliver, Tony J. Thompson
- McGuireWoods LLP – Jonathan T. Blank, Charlottesville, VA
- Sean Cassidy and Associates, P.C. – Sean Cassidy, David C. Pohland and Robert H. Stone, Greensburg, PA
- Harry D. Callicotte, Senior Corporate Counsel, Magnum Hunter Production, Inc., Lexington, KY
- Mark A. Mudrick, Percheron, LLC, Bridgeport, WV
- Nathaniel J. Schmidt, General Counsel, Pennsylvania General Energy Co., LLC, Warren PA
- Joseph M. Scipione, Scipione & Kovalcin, PC, State College, PA
- Esther Baltic, Sean Cassidy and Associates, P.C., Greensburg, PA
- Daniel E. Gerken, Bricker & Eckler LLP, Columbus, OH
- Richard A. Hayhurst, Industrial Consultant, Parkersburg, WV
- Contess D. Kennedy, Honor Resources, Hurricane, WV
- Michael Lazzaro, Sean Cassidy and Associates, P.C., Greensburg, PA
- Edward E. Northrop, Oil & Gas Client Services, Butler, PA
- Seth S. Gaskins, Attorney at Law, Charleston, WV
- William D. Wallace, Attorney at Law, Utica, NY
- Marilou Wright, Eclipse Resources, LP, State College, PA
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Columbus, OH
- Rutgers School of Law – Camden, Camden, NJ
RMMLF Landman’s Legal Handbook
The Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation has announced that the new Fifth Edition of the Landman’s Legal Handbook may be purchased as an e-book. Two different versions are available – one for Kindle devices (mobi), and one for Apple, Google, and all other mobile devices (epub).
Visit the RMMLF bookstore to buy the e-book online for $145. The high quality softcover book is also available at the RMMLF online bookstore for the same price. The Landman’s Legal Handbook has been the essential landman’s guide for more than 50 years. The new Fifth Edition is a complete update of the 1982 version. Click here to download the 10-page table of contents.