Due to the holidays, the early bird savings are extended until January 11.
EMLF Members Receive Discounted Member Rates
Special Institute on The Law of Fracking:
Federal, State, and Local Regulation of Modern Oil & Gas Development
January 23-24, 2019, in Westminster, Colorado
From the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
|Download Brochure||More Details|
Members of EMLF receive discounted member rates!
Hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling have transformed the U.S. oil & gas industry by permitting oil and gas production from previously uneconomical formations. Production is at an all-time high, but this renaissance comes with a host of new technical, legal, and environmental challenges. Our expert faculty will tackle a range of issues, including:
- Environmental challenges & local government regulatory efforts
- Technical aspects and innovations for non-engineers
- Liability for trespass when fractures cross subsurface property lines
- Tips for service contracts and master service agreements
- Expert and evidentiary issues when plaintiffs allege damages
- How agreements drafted for vertical wells may be inadequate
- Takings claims from actual or effective bans on oil & gas activity
- Preemption of local regulations by state law
Registration fee includes comprehensive course materials, with practical and scholarly papers and presentations from academia, companies, NGOs, and law firms. In addition, the Foundation is offering attendees and others substantial discounts on two essential treatises on Fracking:
- Hydraulic Fracturing: A Guide to Environmental & Real Property Issues (ABA)
- Hydraulic Fracturing Law and Practice (Lexis)
For more information on the treatises, click here.