Registration is now open for the 2018 Kentucky Mineral Law Conference! This year’s conference, chaired by Tim Hagerty of Frost Brown Todd, LLC, Louisville, Kentucky, will once again be held in Lexington, Kentucky, on October 17 and 18 at the Hilton Lexington/Downtown. Register now – discount pricing ends October 1! Online registration is available here.
We are very excited to welcome our keynote speaker, Rusty Hutson, CEO of Diversified Gas and Oil, PLC. Other highlights of the agenda include:
- Managing electricity supply and costs
- The intersection of coal mining and alternative energy development
- Department of Energy’s proposed use of emergency powers
- Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s previous environmental and energy opinions and what that might mean for his potential term on the Supreme Court
- 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and the impact on FERC pipeline shipper’s rates
- Ethical implications for landmen and lawyers who work as them or with them
- Delayed pipeline construction in Appalachia
- Safeguarding electronic client data
- OSHA jurisdiction over inactive and abandoned mines
- Drafting meaningful dispute resolution provisions
- Updates on the energy market, and recent litigation in the areas of coal, oil, and gas
To see the entire program schedule, click here.
Be sure to make your hotel reservations as soon as possible – the special room rate is only available until September 24 at the latest, but the room block may fill up faster than that! It is often very difficult to make a hotel reservation during the October horseracing season in Lexington, so please make sure to book your room at the Hilton soon! Just mention the EMLF room block when making the reservation. For a link to make hotel reservations online, click here.
Conference registration includes electronic program materials, continental breakfasts, refreshment breaks, and lunch plus a hosted networking reception on Wednesday. Conference accreditation is pending with states with mandatory Continuing Legal Education and with AAPL. For more information about accreditation click here.
More information, as well as online registration, and a link to make hotel reservations, is available here.