Registration is now available for the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation’s Mine Safety & Health Law Special Institute.
The 2018 conference will be held March 21-22 in the U.S. Department of Labor’s auditorium at 200 Constitution Ave., Washington, D.C.
- Topics in 105(c), including updates on Temporary Reinstatement, Interference Claims and more
- Litigation roundtable addressing timely issues in FMSHRC litigation from industry and government perspectives
- Use of privileges in internal investigations, MSHA investigations, discovery and the 110 context
- MSHA jurisdiction and the impact of the Sixth Circuit’s Maxxim Rebuild decision
- Update on Criminal Law in the Mine Safety context
- The Mine Act and Constitutional Law: The Appointments Clause, the Sixth Amendment and more
- The latest on two of the Mine Act’s heaviest sanctions: Flagrant Violations and Pattern of Violations
- ALJ Panel: Key issues and tips for practitioners from a diverse panel of Judges
A reception will be held after the sessions on March 21. For information on being a sponsor, click here. Email Sharon Daniels if you want to be a sponsor.