Registration and Sponsorship Opportunities Now Available
11th Law of Shale Plays Conference
September 9-10, 2020 Virtual Live Conference
Register now for the 11th Law of Shale Plays Conference, presented by the Institute for Energy Law and the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation. Focused on legal issues related to the shale plays in the United States, the conference brings together clients, attorneys, professional landmen, and other professionals to learn and discuss important cases, concepts, and trends. In addition, the conference features multiple networking opportunities with other attendees.
This year’s conference will be conducted online and is available for a significantly discounted tuition price compared to prior years.
- Decision Point – Election and the Energy Industry
- In-House Counsel and their Perspective on the Energy Industry Legal Outlook
- Legislation in the Time of the Coronavirus
- Dealing with Distressed JOA Counterparties
- Recent Title Issues in the Plays
- Sub-Surface Trespass: A Review After Briggs
- Environmental Litigation in the Shale Plays
- Financing Alternatives: Volumetric Production Payment Basics and Bankruptcy Treatment
- Pandemic Pointers, Policies and Best Practices for Energy Employers
- Special Considerations for Holding Leases by Production and Operations in a Commodities Downturn
- Ethical Considerations in the Diversity and Inclusion Space (Followed by a Diversity Forum)
- Multiple Virtual Social Events
- And Much More
The program is approved by the State Bar of Texas for 7.5 hours of MCLE credit, including 1.0 hours of ethics. Credit approval is pending in additional jurisdictions. Please review IEL’s statement on the conference website for MCLE credit information. Approved credit hours will vary by jurisdiction and are subject to each jurisdiction’s approval and credit rounding rules. Restrictions on the number of MCLE credits that may be earned via online programming may exist in some jurisdictions.
AAPL Credit will be available.