Hotel Cutoff for Annual Institute – Thursday, March 25
Be sure to make your reservations at Amelia Island Plantation by March 25 to obtain the group rate of $169 plus taxes and $12 daily resort fee.
Go to www.emlf.org and select Register for Accommodations Online, or call 888.261.6165 and ask for Group Reservations and identify yourself with Group 8BE7NW.
Golf Outing at Amelia Island Plantation
You can now sign up and pay for the May 9 golf outing at the Annual Institute by going to www.emlf.org/amelia/nav.aspx. The fee is $135 for the Ocean Links course with tee times beginning at 8:08 a.m. Sunday morning. John Boyd with the John T. Boyd Company will be coordinating foursomes.
Invitation to Sponsor Annual Institute Welcome Party
The EMLF welcomes $1000 sponsorships for the Welcome Party at the 31st Annual Institute from 6:00-9:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 9. The Welcome Party is always a great event, with live music and a variety of food stations for informal dining throughout the evening. If you would like to help sponsor this event, please contact Sharon Daniels and we will send a pledge invoice.
EMLF Mine Safety and Health Law Program Sold Out
The March 23-24 Mine Safety and Health Law Special Institute, co-sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, is completely sold out. Held at the USDOL Auditorium, 200 Constitution Avenue, EMLF registrants will have the opportunity to attend the March 23 program to commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969, held in the Great Hall at the USDOL and open to the public. Featured speakers are U.S. Secretary of Labor Hilda Solis and Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Joseph A. Main.
Development Issues in Shale Plays
On December 6-7, 2010, the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation (RMMLF) and the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation are co-sponsoring a conference in Pittsburgh on Development Issues in Shale Plays. The program is being finalized, and anticipated presentations and papers include the following:
• Overview of major shale plays
• Technological considerations
• Fracking regulations
• Environmental regulatory challenges
• Air quality issues in unconventional plays
• Trespass issues
• State oil and gas conservation agency issues
• Ethics in leasing in the Marcellus Shale
• Issues relating to oil and gas leasing
• Navigating potential development conflicts
• Surface use challenges in the Marcellus Shale
• Getting the product to market
• Development agreements in shale resource plays
A comprehensive manual will be distributed to all attendees. A final program and registration information will be available in the near future and available on the EMLF web site. Hold these dates for this great educational opportunity.
EMLF Scheduled Educational Programs for 2010-2011
• Mine Safety and Health Law, March 23-24, Washington, DC
• 31st Annual Institute, May 9-11, Amelia Island Plantation, Florida
• Coal Law Short Course, August 1-4, WVU College of Law, Morgantown, WV
• Climate Change Short Course, August 2-4, WVU College of Law
• Kentucky Mineral Law Conference, October 13-15, Marriott, Lexington, KY
• Development Issues in Shale Plays, December 6-7, Pittsburgh, PA
• Winter Workshops on Energy Law, February 10-12, Lago Mar, Fort Lauderdale, FL
• 32nd Annual Institute, May 15-17, Nemacolin Woodlands, PA