Law Student Scholarship Program for 2011-2012
The Energy & Mineral Law Foundation fosters the study of energy and mineral law through its scholarship program for law students attending EMLF member law schools.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2011-2012 academic year, with April 18, 2011, as the deadline for applications.
Complete information on the scholarship program, including the scholarship application and a list of EMLF member law schools, is available at www.emlf.org.
EMLF Educational Programs
- February 10-12 – Winter Workshops on Energy Law, Lago Mar Resort, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- March 10 – Basic Abstracting, Hilton Garden Inn Southpointe, Canonsburg, PA (online registration available)
- March 11 – Intermediate Issues in Title Examination, Hilton Garden Inn Southpointe, Canonsburg, PA (online registration available).
- May 15-17 – 33rd Annual Institute, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Farmington, PA – mark your calendar and watch the EMLF website for details
- October 12-14 – Kentucky Mineral Law Conference, Marriott Griffin Gate Resort, Lexington KY – mark your calendar and watch the EMLF website for details
EMLF Welcomes New Members
Sustaining Members – Group
- Atlas Energy, Inc., Moon Township, PA (Kevin D. Coleman, Counsel; Jeff Junstrom, Title Analyst; Jason Allen Levine, Contract Analyst; Alan B. Rosenthal, Assistant General Counsel)
- Atlas Energy Resources, LLC, Moon Township, PA (Renee Anderson; Stacey J. Garvin, Vice-President, Land; Jim Kane, Title Analyst)
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, New York, NY (Sandra L. Flow, Jeffrey S. Lewis)
Supporting Members – Group
- Barnes Dulac Watkins, Pittsburgh, PA (Anthony J. Cama, Donald T. Dulac, Jr., Kenneth J. Witzel)
- Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott, PLLC, Pittsburgh, PA (Scott R. Dismukes), Charleston, WV (Stephen E. Hastings), Harrisburg, PA (Kevin J. Moody)
- Lipari Energy, Inc., London, KY (David Stetson, General Counsel)
- James W. Adams, Jr., Sadler Law Firm, Houston, TX
- Lawrence D. Brudy, Lawrence D. Brudy & Associates, Inc., Wexford, PA
- Sharon Carter, Pittsburgh, PA
- Rashmi Chopra, Student, Columbia Law School, New York, NY
- David M. Cohen, Cohen Dispute Resolution Services, LLC, Blacklick, OH
- Lynda M. Dupre, Attorney at Law, Ligonier, PA
- Michael B. Gardner, General Counsel, Oxford Resource Partners, LP, Columbus, OH
- Justine M. Guess, Manager of Title Research, Murray Energy Corp., Little Hocking, OH
- Jaime Hickton, Student, West Virginia University College of Law, West Newton, PA
- Anna E. Hodges, Student, University of Oklahoma College of Law, Jones, OK
- Donald J. Kochan, Associate Professor, Chapman University School of Law, Orange, CA
- Kerry Leonard, Student, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Munhall, PA
- Joshua H. Lewis, Student, University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA
- Barbara Miller, Lindley, NY
- Michael J. Moran, Title Analyst, Brighton Resources, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
- Crystal D. Perkins, Perk Title & Research LLC, Georgetown, KY
- Kip I. Plankinton, Kip I. Plankinton, P.C.,Dallas, TX
- Marsha Ratliff Rosado, Shelbiana, KY
- Heather N. Stites, Pittsburgh, PA
- James W. Turner, Setliff Turner & Holland, Huntington, WV
- Emily Wallace, Law Offices of Christopher B. Wallace, Utica, NY
- Jessica L. Wiley, Setliff Turner & Holland, Huntington, WV
- Robert Wolf, President, Vernazza Corporation, Plano, TX
For complete contact information for new members, go to the online membership directory.
EMLF Winter Workshops on Energy Law
We are pleased that OSM Director Joseph G. Pizarchik has confirmed his participation as a speaker at the Winter Workshops next week, shown on the program brochure as “invited.”
In conjunction with the Winter Workshops, the EMLF office will be closed February 8-11 and reopen on February 14.