The Occupational Safety and Health Law Committee of the American Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section will hold its mid-winter meeting March 3 to 6 in Palm Springs. The meeting features a full day of MSHA programing with many EMLF members speaking and a full OSHA program as well. An agenda and registration information can be found at the ABA website or by contacting Mark Heath at Spilman, Thomas, and Battle.
Planning is also underway for EMLF’s biennial Safety Seminar, this September in Las Vegas. Save the date – September 25 & 26, 2020, for a program that will cover both OSHA and MSHA topics for all EMLF members in coal, hard rock mining, oil and gas and utilities. We are excited to announce that Mark Heath has agreed to Chair this program. If you would like to be on the program planning committee for this event, please e-mail Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin soliciting topics and speakers in earnest for this program in March but please feel free to reach out with your suggestions before then!
And mark your calendars for EMLF’s other upcoming 2020 conferences:
- Oil & Gas Environmental & Regulatory Special Institute – May 5, 2020, Cincinnati, OH
- Annual Institute – June 14-16, 2020, Amelia Island, FL
- Petrochemical Update – August 18, 2020, Pittsburgh, PA
- Law of Shale Plays Conference (with IEL) – September 9-10, Pittsburgh, PA
- Fall Symposium – October 14-15, 2020, Lexington, KY