Like all of you, we are monitoring the current situation with regard to COVID-19, or the coronavirus. As you know, we have a number of conferences scheduled for this year, and hope to be able to continue to provide these educational and networking opportunities. However, the safety of our attendees is our utmost priority, and we are taking public health guidelines very seriously.
The Executive Committee of the Board of Trustees met last week to discuss our best path forward. As of today, March 16, 2020, no conferences have been cancelled. However, we are mindful of the rapidly changing nature of this situation, and will be constantly evaluating as the COVID-19 situation evolves and will keep you informed of any changes. Please continue to register for conferences as you normally would, as we need an accurate count in order to properly plan the event. If the conference is cancelled, or you are unable to attend, we will fully refund registration fees. For all conferences, we recommend waiting until the situation becomes clearer before arranging airfare, as airfare is normally not refundable. Please see below for further information about specific events.
41st Annual Institute- June 14-16, 2020 in Amelia Island, Florida
Registration should be available online in mid-April, and we will send out a follow up e-mail when it is. The Omni Amelia Island has agreed to extend the room reservation block cutoff to May 29, 2020. Reservation is available now via the link on our website. They do require that rooms be cancelled at least 8 days in advance.
Oil & Gas Environmental/Regulatory Special Institute- May 5, 2020 in Cincinnati, Ohio
Registration should be available online within the next week, and we will send out a follow up e-mail when it is. The room reservation block cutoff date is April 4, 2020 and reservation is available now via the link on our website. In the event that this conference would need to be cancelled or rescheduled, they have currently waived all reservation cancellation requirements, but typically the cutoff is 48 hours in advance of your reservation.
Safety Seminar- September 25-26, 2020 in Las Vegas, Nevada
This seminar will be POSTPONED to a date later in the fall, and RELOCATED to the Appalachian region. More information will be available later this Spring.
At this time, no changes have been made to our other 2020 conferences: Petrochemicals Update (August 18 in Pittsburgh), or the Fall Symposium (formerly the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference) (October 14-15 in Lexington, KY).
Additionally, I wanted to let you know that due to the presence of COVID-19 cases in Lexington, Kentucky where our office is located, we will be following the advice of our local officials, and closing the EMLF office from Monday, March 16 through Monday, March 30. Carolyn and I will be working remotely. The best way to reach us will be e-mail.
We will remain in touch with you as the situation develops, and alert you to any changes to our programming if they occur.
I thank you all for your continued support of the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation!