Tomorrow (July 7) is the deadline for submitting topics for the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference, October 18-19, 2017, at the Lexington Hilton. Topic and speaker proposals should be sent to Sharon Daniels (email@example.com).
The program planning meeting will be Wednesday, July 12 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the offices of Bingham Greenebaum Doll, 300 West Vine Street, Suite 1100, Lexington, KY. Lunch will be provided.
Clay Larkin of Bingham Greenebaum Doll and Kathryn Wilson of Natural Resource Partners, Houston, are co-chairs of the 2017 Conference.
We invite you to submit topic and speaker suggestions on any subject of interest related to coal, oil and gas, midstream, and electric power and generation issues. We are particularly interested in potential topics related to the following issues:
- Electric utility rate regulation issues impacting utility fuel usage
- Tax incentives for renewables and fossil fuels
- Legal issues related to financing of mining and oil and gas operations and companies
- Employment law issues impacting the energy industry
- Legal ethics
- MSHA (mine safety and health) issues
- SMCRA (Surface Mining Control & Reclamation Act) issues
- Legal issues impacting mineral production in the Illinois Basin
- Mineral title issues
- Development of rare earth elements from coal
- FERC and other regulatory issues impacting oil and gas pipelines
- Environmental issues impacting the utility, oil and gas, and mining industries
- Renewable energy issues
- Discrete litigation issues, including class action, evidentiary and expert issues
Topic proposals should provide an adequate description of the legal issues to be covered so that the topic can be fully evaluated. If you have questions regarding any of these requirements, you are encouraged to contact the EMLF by e-mailing Sharon Daniels, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conference speakers must prepare a PowerPoint presentation and a substantive topic outline for distribution to all attendees in order to meet requirements for Continuing Legal Education credits. The presentation and topic outline will be due in advance of the Conference.
Please put July 12 on your calendar and use the email@example.com address to RSVP and let us know if you will be attending the meeting. Conference call participation will be available, so if you want to participate by phone, let us know and we will provide the call-in information.