Only a few days remain for you to submit topic proposals for the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation’s Kentucky Mineral Law Conference.
The Kentucky Mineral Law Conference will be held October 18-19, 2017 at the Hilton in downtown Lexington, KY.
The first planning meeting will be Wednesday, July 12 from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Lunch will be provided. Clay Larkin of Dinsmore & Shohl LLP is Chair of the 2017 Kentucky Mineral Law Conference and will host the meeting.
We invite you to submit topic and speaker suggestions on any subject of interest related to coal, oil and gas, midstream, and electric power and generation issues. However, we are particularly interested in potential topics related to the following issues, and topics related to these issues will likely be given priority when topics and speakers are selected:
- Electric utility rate regulation issues impacting utility fuel usage
- Tax incentives for renewables and fossil fuels
- Legal issues related to financing of mining and oil and gas operations and companies
- Employment law issues impacting the energy industry
- Legal ethics
- MSHA (mine safety and health) issues
- SMCRA (Surface Mining Control & Reclamation Act) issues
- Legal issues impacting mineral production in the Illinois Basin
- Mineral title issues
- Development of rare earth elements from coal
- FERC and other regulatory issues impacting oil and gas pipelines
- Environmental issues impacting the utility, oil and gas, and mining industries
- Renewable energy issues
- Discrete litigation issues, including class action, evidentiary and expert issues
Topic proposals should provide an adequate description of the legal issues to be covered so that the topic can be fully evaluated. If you have questions regarding any of these requirements, you are encouraged to contact the EMLF by e-mailing Sharon Daniels, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference speakers must prepare a PowerPoint presentation and a substantive topic outline for distribution to all attendees in order to meet requirements for Continuing Legal Education credits. The presentation and topic outline will be due in advance of the Conference.
Please put July 12 on your calendar and use the email@example.com address to RSVP and let us know if you will be attending the meeting. Conference call participation will be available.