Special Institute – The Ohio Dormant Mineral Act, Post Corban
The Energy & Mineral Law Foundation is sponsoring a one-day Special Institute on the Ohio Dormant Mineral Act and the recent Supreme Court of Ohio's decisions relating to the Act. This Special Institute will revisit the application of statutes, procedures, cures and related issues in light of the decisions.
The Special Institute is set for December 12 at the Hilton Columbus/Polaris, Columbus, OH. The registration fee includes meeting materials and presentations, continental breakfast and breaks, and a luncheon.
The major case, Corban v. Chesapeake Exploration, L.L.C., will be reviewed by an interactive panel of attorneys who were involved with the Court's decision, offering insight into issues left open by the Court and the impact of the decision.
Other topics include:
- Procedures and Pitfalls of the "2006 DMA"
- Ohio's Marketable Title Act and the ODMA: Siblings or Distant Cousins?
- Understanding Unitization
- How Do I . . . Cure Titles to Severed Minerals?
- Torts 101 . . . or Not — New Questions Related to Corban
- Handouts and Paybacks: Remedies for Payments Made to the Wrong Party
Early bird fees are in effect until November 23. There is no room block but you may call the hotel at 614.885.1600 for accommodations, or go to the hotel's website.
Go to the EMLF website to register for this important Special Institute. You can download a PDF version of the e-brochure or register online.