Kentucky Mineral Law Conference in Lexington
Registration is underway for the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference on October 19-20 at the Hilton Lexington/Downtown, located at 368 West Vine Street, just across the street from Triangle Park. Go to emlf.org for complete program brochure, online conference registration, and online reservations at the Hilton Lexington/Downtown.
Make your hotel reservations as soon as possible – special rates at the Hilton are available only through September 18 or sell out. And hotel space can be difficult to find – it’s the fall racing meet at Keeneland through October 29 (no racing on Monday or Tuesday).
This year’s program features the following presentations:
- Fossil Fuels and Executive Branch Authority
- Renewables – Coming to the Grid Near You
- Energy Law Update
- Cyber and Physical Security – Lessons from the Power Industry
- Streamlined NEPA Review for Energy Projects
- Alcohol and Drug Addiction: Ethical Issues with Impaired Attorneys
- Corporate Counsel Roundtable
Day 2 – Track 1
- EPA’s Influence Over Section 404 Permits
- Due Process Under the Clean Water Act
- EPA’s Energy Extraction Regulatory and Enforcement Initiative
- NORM and TENORM - A New Legal Normal?
- 2016 Pipeline Safety Regulatory and Legislative Update
- Natural Gas Liquids Contract Terms
- Energy-Related Nuisance Claims
Day 2 – Track 2
- Bad Faith Trespass to Oil & Gas - Sabella v. Appalachian Dev. Corp.
- Issues Arising Under Joint Operations: Non-Operators’ Failure to Pay
- Employment and Wage and Hour Law Landscape
- Access Rights from Start to Finish
- Treatment of Leases, Contracts and Other Issues in Bankruptcy
- Coal Industry Bankruptcy Cases
- MSHA’s Right to Company Records in Investigations and Part 50 Audits
Social events include hosted luncheon on Wednesday and hosted reception for speakers, registrants and guests on Wednesday immediately following the sessions. On Thursday, there will be selected Committee luncheon meetings and a hosted luncheon for all law student registrants.
Mine Safety and Health Law Special Institute – September 24 in Las Vegas
There’s still time to register for the Mine Safety program at the Encore/Wynn hotel, 3131 Las Vegas Blvd. South in Las Vegas, the Saturday before the National Mining Association’s MINExpo INTERNATIONAL 2016 begins on September 26. The Mine Safety & Health Special Institute is co-sponsored by the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation. Go to emlf.org for complete program brochure and online registration. (EMLF does not have a hotel room block in Las Vegas.)
Sponsor Opportunities for Kentucky Mineral Law Conference Social Events
Sponsor support for the Kentucky Mineral Law Conference enables the EMLF to keep the registration fees as low as possible while offering social events that enhance the enjoyability of everyone attending the conference.
The following sponsorship packages are available:
Monday Lunch Sponsor $3000 – 1 available
Continental Breakfast Sponsor $1500 – 2 available
Break Sponsors $1500 – 4 available
Reception Sponsors $1500 – Unlimited
All sponsors will be acknowledged with their company or law firm logo on the conference website, the scrolling PowerPoint display throughout the conference, board display at sponsored event, and sponsor name tag ribbons for all attending representatives. To purchase or reserve a sponsorship, please email Michele Ash at firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Classes with an EMLF Scholarship
This fall scholarship checks totaling $30,000 were sent to 11 law students attending EMLF member law schools. Awards are based on academic achievement, letters of recommendation, energy-related work experience and other student activities, and the student’s own personal statement about their interest in pursuing a career in energy and mineral law. Read what set these students apart.