Are you interested in helping sponsor the social activities at the Annual Institute? Click here for a list of sponsor opportunities.
Join energy colleagues on June 12-14, 2016, in Historic Charleston, S.C., earn Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) credits, and hear experts discuss these topics:
- Bankruptcy – Perspectives from the Bench, Counter-party Insolvency, Pre-Bankruptcy Strategies
- Coal – Insolvency and Reclamation Financial Assurances, Protecting Personal Assets of Directors and Officers, Selling a Coal-fired Generating Station
- Electric Power – From Monopolies to Markets, A Generator’s Portfolio, Regional Transmission Organizations, Power Purchase Agreements
- Environmental – EPA’s Clean Power Plan, Federal Mitigation with Project Development, Oil & Gas Wastewater Regulations
- Ethics – Politics, Scandal and Professional Responsibility
- Oil & Gas – Like-Kind Exchanges, Anti-Trust Concerns, The Double-Fraction Issue in Oil & Gas Leases
- The State of the Energy Business – export markets, coal, oil, natural gas and LNG
- Federal Natural Gas Act Condemnation and State Law Condemnation in the Marcellus and Utica Shale
- Are Franchisors, Companies that Use Independent Contractors, and Companies with Affiliates at Risk of Being Designated a "Joint Employer"?
For complete program brochure, hotel registration, and program registration, click here.
Sponsored by The Energy & Mineral Law Foundation, a national nonprofit educational organization which fosters the study of the laws and regulations related to natural resource development and energy use. The Foundation is an Accredited Provider of Mandatory Continuing Legal Education programs, AAPL and other professional recertification credits, and provides opportunities for professional development through committee participation, program planning, public speaking and publishing of original work.