Registration is now open for the 6th Law of Shale Plays Conference, which will be presented by the Institute for Energy Law and the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation with the sponsorship of the Energy Litigation Committee of the ABA Section of Litigation on September 10-11, 2015, in Pittsburgh.
Program Highlights Include:
- The Outlook for Energy: A View to 2040
- Seismic Activity and Unconventional Oil and Gas Activity
- Regional Update - Hot and Anticipated Litigation in the Shale Plays
- Federal Air Regulation & Its Impact on Upstream and Midstream Operations
- Private and Public Capital Raises and Exit Transactions in Today’s Shale Plays
- Employment Issues in the Shale Plays
- General Counsel Concerns In Operating and Developing Shale Plays
- Pipeline Infrastructure and Midstream Update
- Ethics of Downsizing: A Lawyer’s Professional Obligations in a Reduction-in-Force
- Energy Production 2015-2020 – What Do The Next Five Years Hold?
- Environmental Issues in the Shale Plays
- Recent Developments in Royalty Litigation in the Shale Plays
This program consists of approximately 10.75 hours of continuing education, including up to 1 hour of ethics. Approved credit hours will vary by jurisdiction and are subject to each jurisdiction’s approval and credit rounding rules.
Sept. 9 - Sponsored Welcome Reception 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Sept. 10 - Hosted Luncheon and Guest Speaker 12:15 - 1:45 p.m.
Sept. 10 - Sponsored Networking Reception 5:00 p.m.
Sept. 11 - Sponsored Networking Luncheon 12:15 – 1:30 p.m.
Discounted Hotel Rooms
Rooms (in limited number) have been reserved at the Omni William Penn Hotel, 530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. Registrants should call 1-800-THE OMNI (843-6664) and reference "Shale Play Laws Conference" to receive a reduced room rate of $145 + applicable taxes/night. The last day to obtain this special rate is August 19, 2015.
Book Hotel Online
If your firm or company would like to be a sponsor, please contact Lilly Hogarth at the IEL.