Winter Workshops on Energy Law
February 9-11, 2014
Lago Mar Beach Resort
Fort Lauderdale, FL
You can now register online at www.emlf.org for the 2014 Winter Workshops, featuring big picture issues impacting energy production and consumption:
- Forecast of 2014 Energy Developments – Michael Krancer, Blank Rome LLP
- Electric Power Transmission and Generation Infrastructure – Vince Duane, VP and General Counsel, PJM Interconnection
- Regulatory Initiatives Impacting Power Plants – Scott Stone, Hunton & Williams; David Flannery, Steptoe & Johnson; Jim Hamilton, FTI Consulting
- Energy Market Forecasts – Jerry Eyster, GE Energy Financial Service; Michael Zenker, NextEra Energy Resources; Howard Gruenspecht, EIA
- U.S. Coal Export Terminal Development – Karen Bennett, Hunton & Williams
- Coal's Silver Lining – Illinois Basin Development – Charles Compton, General Counsel, White Oak Resources
- Mining Innovations – OSM Experimental Practice – Richard Warner, University of Kentucky
- OSM Bonding Initiatives – Bill Adams, Cumberland Surety; Greg Conrad, Interstate Mining Compact Commission
- Litigation Update – Kirsten Nathanson, Chet Thompson and Dan Wolff, Crowell & Moring, and Katie Sweeney, General Counsel, NMA
- Professional Ethics – David Ries, Clark Hill Thorp Reed
The conference is being held at Lago Mar Beach Resort, 1700 South Ocean Lane, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316. Lago Mar is just five miles north of the Fort Lauderdale airport (about a ten minute ride), about 15 minutes from downtown Fort Lauderdale and about 45 minutes from Palm Beach and Miami.
Directions for driving from the Fort Lauderdale airport and directions for driving from I-95 can be found on the resort’s website at http://www.lagomar.com/findus/index.php.
EMLF has a room block at a rate of $235 for a one-bedroom suite plus tax, available February 8-14. Rooms at that rate are available for reservations made through January 8 or sellout. Be sure to ask for the EMLF room block. Close to Florida's Port Everglades and the winter cruise industry, rooms and suites at the Lago Mar fill up quickly and sellout may occur. The direct number for reservations is 954.523.6511 or 800.LAG.OMAR.
Individual reservations may be canceled without penalty seven days or more prior to the confirmed arrival date. Cancellations occurring less than seven days prior to arrival date shall be charged a one night’s room occupancy and tax.
Early-bird registration fee for EMLF members is $895 through January 17, and $995 for non members, and includes all meeting materials on CD, two hosted receptions, continental breakfast and refreshment breaks, and brunch on Tuesday morning; fees increase $100 after January 17. Guest registration fee is $125 and includes two hosted receptions and Tuesday morning brunch.