Winter Workshops on Energy Law – January 24-26
Mailing House Glitch Extends Hotel Cutoff Date
The Sundial Beach Resort agreed to accept hotel reservations at the EMLF group rate through Saturday, January 5, after learning that several hundred EMLF members were not mailed the promotional brochure and registration information for the Winter Workshops.
Call the Sundial Beach Resort at 866.565.5093 by January 5 and ask for the EMLF rate. Discounted registration fees through January 4 for the Winter Workshops.
Register online or download the registration form and fax to the EMLF at 859.226.0485 or mail to 340 South Broadway, Suite 101, Lexington, KY 40508.
Winter Workshops AAPL and CLE Accreditation
• AAPL - 12.75 RLP credits, 12.75 CPL credits, including 1.0 ethics
• Alabama - 12.8 total credits, including 1.0 ethics credit
• Colorado - 15.4 total credits, including 1.2 ethics credits
• Florida - Pending
• Illinois - 12.75 total credits approved, 1.0 ethics credits pending
• Indiana - Pending
• Kentucky - 12.75 total credits, including 1.0 ethics credits, Activity No. 92769
• Missouri - 15.40 total credits, including 1.20 ethics credits
• New York - Reciprocity with Kentucky,12.75 total credits, including 1.0 ethics
• North Carolina - Pending
• Ohio - 12.75 total credits, including 1.0 ethics
• Oklahoma - Pending
• Pennsylvania - 12.50 total credits, including 1.0 ethics
• South Carolina - 12.83 total credits, including 1.0 ethics
• Tennessee - 12.83 total credits (Gen: 11.83, Dual: 1.0)
• Texas - 12.75 total credits, including 1.0 ethics
• Virginia - 13.00 total credits, including 1.0 ethics
• West Virginia - 15.40 total credits, including 1.20 ethics credits
• Wyoming - 13.00 total credits, including 1.0 ethics credits
New Member Welcome
Patriot Coal Corporation
EMLF welcomes Patriot Coal Corp., 12312 Olive Blvd., Suite 400, St. Louis, MO 63144. Contact: Joseph W. Bean, Senior VP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
New Member Welcome
Smith Management Group
EMLF welcomes Smith Management Group, 1405 Mercer Road, Lexington, KY 40511. Contact: Sara Smith, President.
Posted on What’s New:
American Energy Corp. v. Datkuliak
The Ohio Appellate Court's December 28 Opinion in a case discussed at the EMLF Mineral Law Conference in October, upholding coal company's right to mine through an existing gas well. State of Ohio, Monroe County in the Court of Appeals, Seventh District, Case No. 07 MO 3. Posted at What's New.
29th EMLF Annual Institute
Lake Buena Vista, Florida – May 18-20, 2008
It’s not too early to make room reservations at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort via the EMLF website. The Annual Institute opens Sunday evening with a combined registration/casual reception at the BoardWalk Inn. Monday May 19 is the Board of Trustees breakfast meeting and annual election, followed by educational sessions through 1:00 p.m. Monday afternoon open to enjoy the parks, followed by 8:30 p.m. dessert party and light show at Epcot®’s Isle de France. Tuesday, May 20 sessions run from 8:00 a.m. through 4:15 p.m.