Law Student Attendance
Energy & Mineral Law Foundation
38th Annual Institute
May 21-23, 2017
Download application to your computer, complete it (including electronic signature) and save the file, renaming it with your last name.
Attend the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation’s Annual Institute . . . and get help with expenses
Be among the first to benefit — funds are available to reimburse law students for their travel and lodging expenses to attend the EMLF Annual Institute.
Through the generosity of the late Russell L. Schetroma, a long-time EMLF supporter, a fund has been created to encourage law students to attend EMLF Annual Institutes; this is the first year of availability.
Who can apply —
- To participate, students must be currently enrolled at an EMLF member law school. Check here for a list of qualifying schools.
What you need to do —
- Applicants should email a brief paragraph explaining why they want to attend the Annual Institute and why they deserve financial support (endorsed by your law school’s dean, an EMLF trustee or a professor at the law school — list endorser on application). The paragraph, along with the application sent as an attachment, should be emailed to Sharon Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Travel plans, hotel reservations and any other arrangements are the responsibility of the student. Up to three (3) nights are covered for accommodations at the Annual Institute. The program begins with a hosted reception Sunday evening, May 21, and ends at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 23. The EMLF room block at the hotel will be released April 18.
- Expenses not covered are parking, meals (other than those provided as a part of the conference), airline extra services (luggage, seat assignment and pre-boarding fees), car rental and other miscellaneous expenses.
In all cases, expenses need to be pre-approved by the EMLF and supported later by receipts. If the student does not attend the Annual Institute, there will be no reimbursement of any expenses. There is no deadline for applications, but as a practical matter, applications received less than 72 hours before the start of the Annual Institute may not be processed. It’s our goal to process applications within 72 hours. Upon approval of their attendance and budget, students will receive instructions on registering for the Annual Institute.
How to get reimbursement —
- Reimbursement of approved expenses will be made after the Annual Institute. The law student should email a request for reimbursement together with the scanned copies of the following:
- Approved reimbursement request form, signed and dated; and
- All supporting receipts, clearly identified and labeled.
Email reimbursement request to Carolyn May at email@example.com
The host hotel for the Annual Institute is the Williamsburg Lodge, 310 South England Street, Colonial Williamsburg, located in the heart of the Revolutionary City. Just steps from the action, the lodge boasts a world-class restaurant and convenient access to spa and golf recreation amenities. It is one of the Autograph Collection Hotels, Marriott International’s distinctive portfolio of over 100 independent, one-of-a-kind hotels
You may call the hotel at 800.261.9530 (8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. EST) for accommodations. Attendees must identify themselves as registrants for the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation or by the title of the meeting which is 38th Annual Institute. The superior rooms (one queen bed) will be $187 plus taxes. The deluxe rooms (2 queens or 1 king bed) will be $219 and a suite will be $259.
Back to top