Location: Show map
Omni William Penn Hotel
530 William Penn Place
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
This two day conference covering legal, technical and practical aspects of the surge in shale oil and gas developments in the United States is presented annually in Texas or Pennsylvania. Attracting attorneys and landmen from shale regions across the country, the conference discusses technical aspects of shale plays which lawyers and landmen need to understand, as well as considering regulation of shale plays at federal, state, and local levels, reviewing recent litigation, and considering the development of new and innovative contract forms.
View Schedule | Register Now
Omni William Penn Hotel
530 William Penn Place | Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Online registration ends August 31!
Presented by the Institute for Energy Law (IEL/CAIL) and the Energy & Mineral Law Foundation (EMLF).
Don’t miss out on the impressive lineup put together by co-chairs Bridget D. Furbee (Steptoe & Johnson PLLC) and Jennifer McDonough (Rex Energy Corporation) for this year’s 8th Law of Shale Plays Conference. Register now to receive a tuition discount!
- The Appalachian Storage Hub: Why It’s Important to You
- Going Global – A North American Gas Update
- Security and Cybersecurity Issues in the Shale Plays: How Will You Respond?
- Litigation Update – Hot Topics and Future Disputes
- Insights and Advice from General Counsel from ExxonMobil, Range Resources, Pennsylvania General Energy, and Rex Energy
- What Infrastructure Does the Gas Industry Need? What Infrastructure Will the Opposition Allow?
- Let’s Get to Work! (Without Making the Same Hiring Mistakes)
- Update on Royalty Litigation
- Regime Change and Rollback – Federal Environmental Regulatory Update
- Emerging Capital Sources and Opportunities in the Oil & Gas Space
- Oil & Gas Hedging – An Introduction to the How, the Why and the Legal Aspects
- And More!
The program is approved by the State Bar of Texas for 9 hours, including 1 hour of ethics. Course ID Number: 928008028. Approved credit hours will vary by jurisdiction and are subject to each jurisdiction’s approval and credit rounding rules. Visit our website for more information on MCLE Credit and discounted hotel rooms.
The cost of housing is not included in tuition. However, rooms (in limited number) have been reserved at the Omni William Penn Hotel, 530 William Penn Place, Pittsburgh, PA 15219. Registrants should call 1.800.THE OMNI (843-6664) and advise that they are attending the “IEL - Shale Plays Law Conference” to receive a reduced rate of $159 + tax/night. The last day to obtain this special rate is August 7.
Book hotel online.